No-Bake Coconut Lemon Cookies

I love lemon. I love coconut. I love cookies. I love these no-bake coconut lemon cookies.

If you look through my archives, I have a recipe for a no-bake peanut butter bite that we really love. We love it so much, that I’ve made it so many times, that I’m honestly getting a little tired of it. I wanted something a little brighter, spring-ier and coconut-ier. These fit the bill perfectly.

They are a little high in fat, due to the coconut, but don’t let that scare you. Coconut is a very a healthy fat and our diets require fat in order for our body to function properly. (A quick Google search can provide you any further information you need.) They are mildly sweet, but not overly so. If I wanted to serve them as a dessert, I might sprinkle with a little powdered sugar to replicate a lemon bar. They’re perfect on their own though and I just eat 1 or 2 for breakfast or as a snack.

No-Bake Coconut Lemon Cookies

No-Bake Coconut Lemon Cookies

8 oz shredded, unsweetened coconut
Zest and juice from 2 lemons
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
Tiny pinch of salt
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
2 cups old-fashioned oats

Blend the shredded coconut until it is practically a powder — at least 3-4 minutes
Add the zest, lemon juice, honey and salt to the blender and blend until as smooth as possible, stopping to scrape down the sides periodically — another 3-4 minutes
Add the melted coconut oil and blend another 2-3 minutes, scraping the sides as needed
Combine the oats with the blended ingredients in a large bowl
From into small cookies about 1/2″ thick and 1″ diameter
If sprinkling with powdered sugar, do so before refrigerating to help it to stick
Refrigerate 30 minutes minimum prior to serving
This allows the oats to soak up all of the ingredients and for the coconut to solidify. Resulting in a much better texture.

Store in a air tight container in the refrigerator up to 5-7 days.

So easy!

No-Bake Coconut Lemon Cookies

Advertisements

12 Comments Add yours

1. AnnieElizabeth says:

These look awesome!

1. kallieschaefer says:

Thank you, Annie! They are the perfect bite for Spring 🙂

1. kallieschaefer says:

Thank you, Evelyn!

1. kallieschaefer says:

Thank you, Anna! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. looks good. just wondering if freshly grated coconut works for this too?

1. kallieschaefer says:

Thanks, Geri!

I’m honestly not sure. My intention when I made this was to make a coconut butter to help bind the cookies, like the peanut butter did in my other recipe. The coconut was too dry and wasn’t turning into the butter like I anticipated, so I added the other ingredients to help smooth it out. Because of all of that, I would lean towards saying yes, it will work. It’s going to have more moisture in it, so it will likely blend smoother. If you do try it, let me know how it works! I would be very interested to know myself.

Thank you!

3. Maggie says:

WOW I am so excited to try these! My baking skills are pretty much zip – ice-cream cakes and refrigerator/no bake are my go to desserts and I am really excited to add another one to my repertoire. This sounds just lovely for Easter!

1. kallieschaefer says:

Thank you, Maggie!

These would definitely be a great Easter treat. I hope you enjoy them! And an ice cream cake sounds fabulous right now 😉

Liked by 1 person

4. Becca Lin says:

I love lemon and coconut as well! This sounds like a fantastic recipe 😃 Thanks for sharing!

1. kallieschaefer says:

Thanks! Lemon and coconut make such a great combination!

Liked by 1 person